Sunday, November 30, 2008

One on One with Jesus

Have you ever asked someone for an autograph? I must admit I can never recall asking for one. Even though I have met a few celebrities over the years, I am really not that taken by “celebrity-ism.” I guess one of the realities is that even if you meet one of the famous few and you get a quick handshake, some small talk, or an 8X10 glossy, have your really “met” them?

One of the grand things about our relationship with Christ is that it is just that – a relationship. We can truly know Him and interact with and love Him. To help us understand and enjoy that reality more, we begin a new study this Sunday on the life of Christ as viewed from the point of view of those who met Him face to face in a genuine, person to person encounter. These are those who have gone One on One with Jesus.

It is my prayer that in these next few weeks you will encounter our Savior in a fresh and personal way. If you do, you will never be the same. So come eager and prepared to go One on One with Jesus.

Jesse Waggoner

No comments: