Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On the Radio

Recently I was interviewed by Jennifer James for a story about our new building. It aired some time back on nearly 500 radio stations across the country on the Klove and Air1 radio networks. If you would like to hear the whole interview just click the link below (feel free to leave your comments below if you like). It has been fun to hear from many here in this area who heard it and folks who have a connection to us in other states, even as far away as Texas. But the most startling moment for me occurred when I was cruising down I64 and not really paying attention to the radio and suddenly I hear my own voice coming out of the speakers!

More than just the novelty of it, it also reminded me of God’s grace. As I revealed to you in a sermon a couple of weeks back, I at one time considered a career in radio. The Lord obviously had other plans but what plans they have been. I am amazed that currently a small-town West Virginia boy has the wonderful opportunity to teach God’s Word to all of you at Bible Center but also via our weekly radio broadcast and our internet delivery methods. If God can use me in any way, He, through His grace, can use anybody. Let’s thank Him together that He can use ordinary folks you like you and me.

Radio Interview

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted this before but it got put under the post before about weddings (congrats on your daughter's marriage) but here is what should be here...

Jess,

We heard your interview on our KLOVE station up here in Northern Ohio. Keep up the good work with the good WORD.

Any chance we could get you up here to preach for us?

Rog and Jan

Jesse Waggoner said...

Hey Rog, thanks for the note, it has been too long since I have heard from you. I am glad there are folks reading this blog!

Anonymous said...

First, Don't you dare go up to Rog and Jan's church and preach for them! I remember the first sermon you preached in our church---the congregation would have hired you on the spot! Tell Rog and Jan that BCC won't let you out of their sight--for the rest of your life!

As for the radio interview--had I unexpectedly heard my voice coming out of the radio, I probably would have wrecked the car---so I understand your being overwhelmed at the time. The greatest thrill of my life has been the fact that my Lord can use ME in His service. Like you, I'm always amazed. And grateful.
Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Evelyn:

We wouldn't try to steal him, we would love to have him come for a weekend, I don't think we could pry him away from his beloved West Virginia!

Love ya,
Jan (for Roger too)

Anonymous said...

Whew! Thanks for the reassurance, Jan. I was just kidding, really, but our church is kinda insecure at the moment, afraid we might lose Jesse. That means he is getting more prayer than usual, and everyone is trying to be really GOOD to him. :-}

Love you, too.
Evelyn